If you have reached this post, it means that a trip to this wonderful corner of the world awaits you and you want to know what to see in Bali. First of all, feel very lucky! Bali is an island with a special energy whose culture and nature make anyone fall in love with it. Get ready to see dream sunsets, explore rice fields that will leave you breathless, visit temples that you can not stop looking at, feel a real explorer looking for waterfalls, eat food that will make you drool for a great price and, also, endure a few jams. Even bad things are part of the magic of Bali.
Making your list of things to do in Bali is one of the most exciting steps when organizing a trip to Bali. Below you will find a list of 49 things to visit and do in Bali. You may not have time to do everything (hopefully), but at least the options are not lacking. Here we go!
49 Best Things To Do In Bali Indonesia
1. Visit the rice terraces of Tegalalang (Ubud) and don’t be tempted to get on a swing. I had seen rice paddies before on my trip to the Philippines. However, they were not as spectacular as the rice fields I saw in Bali. Tegalalang was the first one we visited on the island and I was amazed. What a beautiful thing! The best time to visit these rice paddies is at dawn: less people and less heat. By the way, the entrance is free although sometimes you will find some gentlemen on the entrance stairs trying to charge you false tickets. Within the rice paddies, you may encounter workers asking you for some money to let you pass.
2. Take a surf class on the beaches of Canggu. Bali is a paradise for surf lovers, as there are many beaches to practice this sport. In addition, there are recommended beaches for beginners and others for more expert surfers. If you have never surfed and want to take some classes, I recommend doing it on the beaches of Canggu or Kuta.
3. Bathe in Amed Beach while enjoying incredible views of Mount Agung. I will always say that it was one of my favorite moments in Bali. Amed Beach is northeast of Bali. From this beach you can see the great Mount Agung. I recommend you take a bath at sunset and feel the incredible energy of the place.
4. Visit the Tirta Gangga Temple and walk through one of the ponds thanks to the sculpted stone walkway. It was one of the most popular temples to see in Bali and one of the most eager to visit. I was not disappointed at all. I recommend you go early as it is a very popular place.
5. Watch the sunset at Pasut Beach, look for the tilted palm tree and travel the beach by motorcycle (it is one of the few beaches in Bali where it is allowed to do so). We went to this beach about 3 times during our stay in Bali. We just loved it.
6. Climb Mount Batur this another Things To Do In Bali Indonesia. To see the sunrise over the island. It is one of the most popular activities to do in Bali. There are many agencies and tours that organize this excursion. Mind you, get ready to get up early! If you prefer to enjoy beautiful views of Mount Batur, I recommend you go to Pinggan.
7. Visit Monkey Forest without having any incident with a monkey. In Ubud you can find the Monkey Forest, a forest in which about 700 monkeys live. We did not dare to go because apparently the monkeys are not the friendliest and gave me a little bit of credit. If you are going, I recommend you not bring accessories or anything that stands out. Try to take as few things as possible.
8. Breakfast at a hotel pool. In the most luxurious hotels in Bali you will have the option to enjoy a floating breakfast. Yes, a floating breakfast. We were lucky to enjoy one at The Acala hotel, in Nusa Lembongan. It was a very funny experience.
9. Visit the Gates of Heaven in Lempuyang, probably the most photographed place in Bali. Does it sound like an image of stone doors with Mount Agung in the background? Apart from this famous place, Lempuyang Temple has other temples scattered on the hill. If you want to visit all, be prepared to walk a lot.
10. Enjoy a relaxing day at one of the most popular beach clubs in Bali. Beach clubs consist of bars / restaurants located next to the beach with hammocks where you can spend the day. You have to pay a ticket whose price or part of the price is discounted to your drinks and food account. We went to Sundays Beach Club in Uluwatu. The food and drink was great, they lend you a towel and, the best, you can do kayaking or paddle boarding.
11. Eat many nasi goreng. And mie goreng, too. You are in Indonesia; eating 2 of the most famous dishes of the country’s cuisine is mandatory. In addition, they are great!
12. Go to Echo Beach (Canggu) to watch the sunset while watching people surf and eat an ear of grilled corn. How many I ate and how I miss them! This moment was part of everyday life during our stay in Bali. So simple and so special.
13. Visit the abandoned plane in Uluwatu. In Bali you can find several abandoned planes. The most popular is this one, located in Uluwatu.
14. Go shopping in Jalan Kayu Aya or Jalan Batu Bolong. If you like shopping, Bali is your paradise. Apart from numerous markets, Bali has many branded stores with beautiful clothes. Two of the places where you can find a greater concentration of these stores are the 2 streets I have named, the first one in Seminyak and the second one in Canggu.
15. Try one of the most popular ice cream in Bali: Mad Pops. It is also vegan! I had seen photos of this ice cream shop and I couldn’t help paying them a visit. Ice creams are in vice. They have an ice cream shop in Seminyak and another in Canggu.
16. Give yourself a Balinese massage, or two !, or three! If I’m honest, I lost count of how many massages I gave myself, but they were a few. They are cheap and feel great, how to resist?
17. Take a walk at dawn on Campuhan Ridge Walk (Ubud). It is one of the most famous walks in Bali and I understand the reason. This walk is one of the most beautiful free things to do in Bali. You will walk between hills and rice fields while enjoying wonderful views.
18. Visit the Balangan Beach viewpoint and enjoy the incredible views of the beach. One of our visits in Uluwatu was Balangan Beach, specifically the viewpoint located to the right of this beach. The views are very beautiful.
19. Go to one of Bali’s typical greengrocers and try a tropical fruit that you haven’t tried before. In Bali you will see many small fruit shops in which each piece of fruit seems to be perfectly placed. They are beautiful. I recommend you try the mangosteen, fruit that I became obsessed with in Bali.
20. Next things To Do In Bali Indonesia is to watch the sunset next to Tanah Lot. Temple located in the sea. One of the most popular places to visit near Canggu is the Tanah Lot temple, located on the water. It is one of the most beautiful sunsets to see in Bali.
21. Visit Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. Piece of islands! One of the most popular excursions in Bali is to visit the Nusa Islands. I highly recommend visiting them since the 3 are incredible. If you have little time in Bali and can only visit one of them, I recommend you go to Nusa Penida. Awesome!
22. Eat a plate up to food for US 2-5 at one of the famous warungs. In Bali you will find warungs in every corner. In these local food establishments they will serve you a rice dish that you can accompany with many other ingredients. I loved to combine rice with tofu in spicy sauce and jackfruit. Our favorite warung is in Canggu and is called Bu Mi. I highly recommend it.
23. Buy some purse or other cuteness at the Ubud Art Market. This market located in Ubud sells the typical things that one buys when going to Bali: bags, some clothes, accessories, etc. I did not buy anything since the space in my backpack was quite limited but I would not mind taking a bag.
24. Take a dip in one of the waterfalls in northern Bali: Banyumala Twin Waterfall, Sekumpul Waterfall, Gitgit Waterfall, Aling Aling Waterfall, etc. As you can see, the north is full of lots of waterfalls that I recommend you visit.
25. Visit (and take a photo if you are willing to pay for it) one of the most famous doors in Bali: Handara Gate. This place is actually the entrance to a golf club. Due to the great popularity that has gained in recent years, now you have to pay a ticket to be able to pass and take some photos. Yes, I fell.
26. Watch the sunrise next to Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, a temple located on a lake. This temple located in the north of the island is another of the most popular religious sites to see in Bali. Sadly, when we visited it, the water did not cover all the land around the temple (I think by works) but it was still very beautiful.
27. Hallucinate with the amazing rice fields of Jatiluwih. Other of the most beautiful rice paddies in Bali are those of Jatiluwih, located in the north of the island.
28. Take a thousand photos on the famous swings, baskets, etc. from Wanagiri Hidden Hill. I know, she’s a tourist, but I couldn’t help taking some pictures in these cool places. By the way, you can haggle the ticket price, something I didn’t know when I went.
29. Enjoy a good swim in Padang Padang Beach, Green Bowl or Melasti Beach, several of the most beautiful beaches in Bali. All these beaches are located in Uluwatu, the place with the best beaches in Bali.
30. Visit the Mother Temple of Besakih, the largest and most important temple in all of Bali. Located at the foot of Mount Agung, it is composed of a total of 22 temples. The main temple of the complex is called Pura Penataran Agung.
31. Try a smoothie bowl in a hipster cafe in Bali. Bali is another paradise for lovers of smoothie bowls, Bali’s most popular breakfast among tourists. You have it of all kinds, flavors and colors, each one more original.
32. Snorkeling or diving in Amed, Bali. Before I recommended watching the sunset in Amed Beach while you take a bath with views of Mount Agung. Amed is also popular among tourists for being one of the best areas of Bali where diving and snorkeling.
33. Getting lost with the motorcycle among the incredible rice paddies of Tabanan. If you are going to Jatiluwih rice paddies from some area south of Bali, you will probably pass through Tabanan. Enjoy the road and do not hesitate to stop at some of its amazing rice fields.
34. Bathe in the sacred waters of Tirta Empul. This temple is one of the most visited in all of Bali since its waters are known to purify those faithful who bathe in them. The most popular place in the temple is a rectangular pool with 12 fountains.
35. Rafting in Ayung River. If you have never done rafting, your time has come! In Bali there are several agencies that offer this activity so adventurous and fun.
36. Stay in one of the most beautiful airbnbs in the world. And yes, I say about the world! I was lucky enough to spend a night at Hideout Lightroom, a wooden house surrounded by nature. It was one of the most special stays of my life. Another very popular airbnb is Camaya Bali. If you want to stay in one of these sites, book as far in advance as possible.
37. Visit Goa Gajah, the Elephant Cave. This temple is located very close to Ubud. It is a curious place to visit in Bali because the entrance sewed on an elephant carved into the rock whose mouth is the entrance to the cave. Inside there is a sculpture of Ganesha.
38. Visit the Gili Islands and enjoy white sand beaches, clear water and bike rides. Another of the most popular excursions from Bali are the Gili Islands (Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air).
39. Enjoy the greatness of Karan Boma Cliff, a 70-meter cliff located in Uluwatu. Another of our visits in Uluwatu was this cliff located at the southern end of the island. The views are stunning.
40. Go in search of the most impressive waterfalls in Bali: Leke Leke Waterfall, Tukad Cepung Waterfall (if you are lucky, you can see a beautiful effect of the sun’s rays illuminating the cave) or Tibumana Waterfall.
41. Search for the «cave» in Tegal Wangi Beach. Tegal Wangi Beach is a beach located in western Uluwatu, popular thanks to its natural hot tubs and its hidden cave. Go find it, but be careful with the tides. By the way, it is also a very nice place to watch the sunset.
42. Go in search of the most beautiful rice fields in Canggu. Not only does Ubud have rice paddies, in Canggu you can find many and very beautiful ones. I recommend you to explore the area with the motorcycle. Surely you are surprised.
43. Mix with locals. There is no better way than to know a country and its culture than through its people. If you come across a place that speaks good English, do not miss the opportunity to start a good conversation with him / her.
44. Attend a Balinese wedding. If you are lucky, maybe a place that you liked will invite you to a Balinese wedding. I was not lucky enough to attend one but if you put the opportunity ahead, do not hesitate to go. It has to be something very curious and interesting to do in Bali.
45. Enjoy a sunrise overlooking Mount Agung. On our visit to the east of Bali, we do not hesitate to approach this viewpoint with stunning views of Mount Agung during sunrise.
46. Spend a night at one of the exotic hotels in Bali. Bali has hotels that take the hiccups off anyone. Why not give yourself a treat and spend the last night in one of the luxury hotels in Bali? Some have amazing infinity pools, such as The Edge Bali or Munduk Moding Plantation.
47. Cool off in the Waterbomb water park. If you visit Bali in one of the hottest months, surely you think it’s a good plan to go to this famous water park. Would you dare to go down all its slides?
48. Eat in one of the charming cafés and restaurants of Ubud, Canggu or Seminyak. Bali is full of coffee shops with a lot of style and very attractive dishes. Normally, they usually serve vegetarian / vegan or sanota food. Some of my favorites are The Loft, Matcha Cafe Bali, Give Cafe, Cafe Organic or Green Ginger Noodle House.
49. Enjoy the night of Bali. I’m not much of partying, but if your case is the opposite, don’t worry, Bali also has options for the most partying. One of the most popular places in Canggu to party is Old Man’s.
Those above 49 Best Things To Do In Bali Indonesia, hope you enjoy…Ops before you leave read also ALL THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BALI INDONESIA